Frederic Beaulieu, Ph.D.
- I am carrying research on the systematics and ecology of plant-associated mites, particularly spider mites (Tetranychidae), and soil predatory mites (Mesostigmata).
- Revision of canadian Tetranychus and Bryobia (Prostigmata: Tetranychidae)
- Review of Gaeolaelaps (Mesostigmata: Laelapidae)
- Taxonomy of spider mites (Tetranychidae)
- Taxonomy of mesostigmatic mites
Visiting Instructor, Acarology Summer Program, Ohio State University
Member, Acarological Society of America
Member, Entomological Society of Canada
Member, Entomological Society of Quebec
2011: Organizer, Symposium Evert Lindquist's Approach to the Taxonomic Impediment in Acarology: Diversity in Specialization. Entomological Society of America meeting, Reno, USA.
2010: Organizer, Symposium on Mites as bioindicators, International Congress of Acarology, Recife, Brazil.
2006: Co-organizer, Symposium on Canopy Acari: Diversity, Biogeography, Ecological Processes, International Congress of Acarology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
2004: Co-organizer, Symposium on Mite Diversity in Ecological Landscapes, International Congress of Entomology, Brisbane, Australia.
- Beaulieu F. November 2011. Introductory remarks. Evert Lindquist's Approach to the Taxonomic Impediment in Acarology: Diversity in Specialization. Entomological Society of America meeting, Acarological Society of America Meeting Section, Reno, Nevada, USA.
- Beaulieu F. September 2010. It's a jungle up there - Acarine plant-eaters and beasts of prey in forest canopies. Dept of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Seminar Series, University of Toronto, Toronto. Ontario, Canada.
- Beaulieu F. August 2010. Habitat distribution of soil Mesostigmata: how much do we know? XIIIth International Congress of Acarology, Recife, Brazil.
- Beaulieu F. October 2009. Of latin, dinosaurs and mites: hair-tearing and enchanted tales around a taxonomic's job. Entomological Societies of Canada and Manitoba Joint Meeting, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Beaulieu F, Walter DE, Proctor HC, Kitching RL. Novembre 2008. Soil mites above ground: Would the real canopy specialists please stand up? Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting, Acarological Society of America Meeting Section, Reno, Nevada, USA.
- Sixteen peer-reviewed publications on the taxonomy, diversity and ecology of predatory mites (Mesostigmata), plant mites, and flies (Diptera). To see a list of these along with pdf files of most, click here.
- Ph.D. (Entomology) 2005 - University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- M.Sc. (Entomology) 2001 - McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- B.Sc. (Biology) 1998 - Université de Montréal, Montréal, Canada (third year at the Université Claude-Bernard, Lyon, France)
- 2008- Visiting Instructor, Acarology Summer Program, Soil Acarology Workshop, Mesostigmata Section. Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- 2008-2010 Assistant Editor, Bulletin of the Entomological Society of Canada.
- 2006- Research Scientist, Research Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Ottawa.
This page last updated
Dr. Fred Beaulieu
Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids and Nematodes
Home | Role | History | CanaColl | Units | Index