Ales Smetana, Ph.D.
Honorary Research Associate
- Systematics, morphology, ecology and faunistics of beetles, particularly rove beetles (Staphylinidae), and on viruses transmitted by arthropods (Arboviruses).
- World fauna of the rove beetle subfamily Staphylininae, particularly of the Quediina and Philonthina
- Systematics, phylogeny and bionomics of rove beetles (Staphylinidae) of Eurasia and North America
- 1990: Recipient of Visiting Scientist Grant, Natural History Museum and Chiba Prefecture, Japan
- 1967-1969: Recipient of National Research Council postdoctoral fellowship at the Entomology Research Institute, Ottawa
- About 280 publications on systematics, morphology, ecology and faunistics of beetles, particularly rove beetles (Staphylinidae), and on viruses transmitted by arthropods (Arboviruses).To see a list of these along with pdf files of some, click here.
This page last updated
|CNC Web pages development:
Dr. J.H. Skevington and Dr. J.M. Cumming with the assistance of L. Bartels, R.B. Fairchild and M. Jomphe
Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids and Nematodes
Home | Role | History | CanaColl | Units | Index