Andrew M. R. Bennett, Ph.D.
Contact detailsCurrent Research Projects
Current Research Projects
- Systematics and identification of parasitic wasps (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae)
- Insect taxa of importance to Canadian agriculture and biodiversity
- Ichneumonidae (all subfamilies from all biogeographic regions).
- 1997 - present. Member, Entomological Society of Canada.
- 2002 - present. Member, Entomological Society of Ontario; Associate Editor, Journal of the Entomological Society of Ontario.
- 2003 - present. Member, International Society of Hymenopterists.
- 2003 - present. Secretary and Treasurer, CanaColl Foundation.
- Bennett, A.M. R. 2003. Interactive, illustrated keys to the Ichneumonidae (Hymenoptera) parasitizing North American Choristoneura spp. (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae): a practical example of the advantages of
Lucid over standard keys. Entomological Society of Canada Meetings, Kelowna, November, 2003.
- Bennett, AMR. 2002. Cladistics of the Tryphoninae (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae) with comments on tribal relationships, classification and adaptive radiation. Joint Meetings, Entomological Society of America/Canada, Montreal, PQ. December, 2000.
- Bennett, AMR. 1999. Description of a new genus of Tryphoninae (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae). Dr. GGE. Scudder Retirement Symposium. University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC., 8 May 1999.
- Bennett, AMR. 1998. The evolution of aquatic behaviour in Hymenoptera. Annual Meeting
Entomological Society of Canada. Quebec City, PQ., 1-4 November 1998.
- Bennett, AMR. 1998. Phylogeny of the Agriotypinae (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae with a discussion of the evolution of aquatic parasitism in Hymenoptera. Annual Meeting Society for the Study of Evolution. Vancouver, BC., 20-24 June 1998.
- To see a list of these along with pdf files of some, click here.
This page last updated
Dr. J.H. Skevington
Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids and Nematodes
Home | Role | History | CanaColl | Units | Index