Gary Gibson, Ph.D.
Recently Completed Projects
Technical Support: Lisa Bartels
- Systematics of chalcid parasitoid wasps (Chalcidoidea), especially the
families Eupelmidae and Pteromalidae
- Evolutionary relationships of Chalcidoidea and Hymenoptera (Symphyta,
- Functional and comparative morphology of Chalcidoidea and Hymenoptera
Current Research Projects
- Revision of Eupelmus Dalman (Eupelmidae) in America north of Mexico.
- Chalcid parasitoids of the cabbage seedpod weevil, Ceutorhynchus obstrictus (Marsham) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), an invasive pest of canola and mustards.
- 2010 - "Calosota Curtis (Hymenoptera, Chalcidoidea, Eupelmidae) – review of the New World and European fauna including revision of species from the West Indies and Central and North America." (PDF reprint: 13 MB)
- 2010 - "The spatial complexity in describing leg surfaces of Hymenoptera (Insecta), the problem and a proposed solution." (Aguiar, A.P. and Gibson, G.A.P.) (Abstract)
- About 60 research publications and monographs, plus other miscellaneous publications
on the systematics, comparative morphology, diversity and faunistics of
chalcidoid parasitic wasps and sawflies. To see a list of the research publications along with pdf
files of some, click here.
This page last updated on
Canadian National Collection
of Insects, Arachnids and Nematodes
Home | Role | History | CanaColl | Units | Index