- Hymenoptera Home
- Photo gallery
- Section Map
Each individual scientist has a list of his or her publications, linked from his or her homepage. Please access these lists via the 'Staff - Personnel' webpage.
The following publications have been produced by a cooperative team of the Hymenoptera Section scientists.
- Hymenoptera of the world: An identification guide to families.
- Annotated keys to the genera of Nearctic Chalcidoidea (Hymenoptera)
The Insects and Arachnids of Canada (Handbook Series) (click
here for availability)
- Part 12 - The Families and Subfamilies of Canadian Chalcidoid Wasps (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea)
- Part 20 - The Genera and Subgenera of the sawflies of Canada and Alaska (Hymenoptera: Symphyta)
We also have many reprints available from Hymenoptera staff who have retired or moved on. If you would like a particular publication, please contact John Huber to find out if your choice is available.
The following is a list of the authors, their history at the CNC and the Hymenoptera Section, and a general idea of the subject of their papers.
- Dumouchel, Louise (technician at CNC in 1979, in Hymenoptera unit from 1981–2001 [since 1998 with CFIA as biologist]); Apoidea, Megachilidae, Tenthredinidae, Vespidae
- Ivanochko, Ivan (technician at CNC from early 1960's to mid-1980's); Braconidae, Megachilidae
- Loan, C. C. [1926–1999] (at CNC, 1972–1980)
- Miller, Charles Douglas Fairbanks (1948–1978 at CNC)
- Milliron, Herbert [1923-1979?] (at CNC, from 1961–1973); Apidae, Bombinae
- Peck, Oswald [1903-1999] (at CNC from 1935–1969); biography, Chalcidoidea, Ichneumonidae, Megachilidae, Tenthredinidae
- Sarazin, Michael (biologist at CNC from 1976–2006, in Hymenoptera unit from 1982–1986); primary types of Hymenoptera
- Sharkey, Michael J. [1953– ](at CNC 1981–1997?); Braconidae
- Viereck, Henry Lorenz [1881–1931] (at CNC from 1923–1926); Ichneumonidae
- Walley, G. Stuart [1904-2008] (retired from AAFC at age 65)